- Add one line to wp-config.php
- Login again – follow instructions
- Add six more lines to wp-config.php
- Create the hidden .htaccess file containing the rewrite code
1) Add one line to wp-config.php
define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true );
2) Login again and go to Tools > Network Setup. Follow instructions.
Note: Install WordPress in the root of your webpath if you want to use a sub-domain install. A sub-directory install creates a path-based network, even though it does not use file system directories.
3) Add six more lines to wp-config.php
4) Finally, create the .htaccess file containing the rewrite code and place it at the top level of your WordPress installation. The file will be hidden from view within the directory.