Critical Analysis of SF-2013 WordCamp
The buzz this week seems most about that event in San Francisco which attracts scores of Bay Area WordPress enthusiasts to hear Matt Mullenweg, founding developer of WordPress, explain to us “The State of The Word”.
Let’s expound on that at this meetup. And we’ll talk technical, too.
- Attendance: / Sign-in Sheet / password
- Survey 1: Macintosh, Windows, Unix?
- Survey 2: Freelance, Startup Team Member, Corporate Employee?
- Survey 3: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced?
- Write & post, categorize & tag, fresh content, from time to time.
- Content consists of text, photos, and/or audio/visual media.
- Accept comments from visitors.
- Free Hosted Service, Themes, and Widgets
- Optimal Resource Utilization, Load Balancing
- Automatic Version Updating
- Host a CMS* website on server of own choosing.
- Unlimited Customization, access to code.
- Maintenance is your own Responsibility!
- This Month’s Question
- Introduce Yourself:
- Name, Title, and Background
- Tell us about your experience with WordPress so far.
- Where do you plan to go with WordPress?
* Content Management System (CMS) is a computer program that allows publishing, editing and modifying content on a website as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment.